Part Number: AP1501A
Function: 150KHz, 5A PWM BUCK DC/DC CONVERTER
Package: TO263-5L, TO220-5L Type
Manufacturer: Diodes Incorporated.
Image and Pinouts:
The AP1501A series are monolithic ICs that are designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and possess the ability to drive a 5A load without additional transistor component. Due to reducing the number of external component, the board space can be saved easily. The external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby mode. The internal compensation makes feedback control have good line and load regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to prevent over temperature operating from damage, and current limit is against over current operating of the output switch.
The AP1501A series operates at a switching frequency of 150Khz thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. Other features include a guaranteed +4% tolerance on output voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and +15% on the oscillator frequency.
1. Output voltage: 3.3V, 5V, 12V and adjustable output version
2. Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 37V+4%
3. 150Khz +15% fixed switching frequency
4. Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM control
5. Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection
6. ON/OFF shutdown control input
7. Operating voltage can be up to 40V
8. Output load current: 5A
9. Low power standby mode
10. Built-in switching transistor on chip
11. Lead Free Finish/ RoHS Compliant
1. Simple High-efficiency step-down regulator
2. On-card switching regulators
3. Positive to negative converter
Other data sheets are available within the file:
AP1501A-12K5G-13, AP1501A12K5GU, AP1501A-12K5L-13, AP1501A12K5LU