Part Number: B1131
Function: -5A, -20V, PNP Transistor
Package: SC-51, MP Type
Manufacturer: SANYO (Panasonic)
Image and Pinouts:
The B1131 is -5A, -20V, PNP Epitaxial Planar Silicon Transistor.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
Here are characteristics of PNP transistors:
1. Structure: A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin P-type layer (base) sandwiched between two N-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
1. Adoption of FBET, MBIT processes.
2. Low saturation voltage.
3. Large current capacity.
4. Fast switching time.
Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
1. Collector-to-Base Voltage : VCBO = – 25 V
2. Collector-to-Emitter Voltage : VCEO = – 20 V
3. Emitter-to-Base Voltage : VEBO = – 5 V
4. Collector Current : IC = – 5 A
5. Collector Current (Pulse) : ICP = – 8 A
6. Collector Dissipation : PC = 1 W
7. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
8. Storage Temperature : Tstg = – 55 to +150°C
1. Strobe, High-Current Switching
2. Power supplies, relay drivers, lamp drivers.
Other data sheets are available within the file: 2SB1131