This is 225mW, Zener Diode. This diodes can be used as voltage regulators in electronic circuits. They are often used in voltage reference and regulation circuits, as well as in protection circuits to limit voltage spikes and surges.
Part Number: BZX84
Function: Zener Voltage Regulator
Package: SOT-23 Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
This series of Zener diodes is offered in the convenient, surface mount plastic SOT−23 package. These devices are designed to provide voltage regulation with minimum space requirement. They are well suited for applications such as cellular phones, hand held portables, and high density PC boards.
What is BZX84?
The BZX84 is a series of Zener diodes that are commonly used in electronic circuits to regulate voltage. These diodes are available in various voltage ratings ranging from 2.4V to 75V and have a maximum power dissipation of 250mW.
1. 225 mW Rating on FR−4 or FR−5 Board
2. Zener Breakdown Voltage Range −2.4 V to 75 V
3. Package Designed for Optimal Automated Board Assembly
4. Small Package Size for High Density Applications
5. ESD Rating of Class 3 (> 16 kV) per Human Body Model
6. Tight Tolerance Series Available
7. SZ Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring Unique Site
8. Control Change Requirements; AEC−Q101 Qualified and PPAP Capable
9. These Devices are Pb−Free and are RoHS Compliant
The BZX84 series features a small surface-mount package, which makes it ideal for use in compact electronic designs. These diodes have a fast response time and low leakage current, and they are often used in voltage reference applications, as well as in protection circuits to limit voltage spikes and surges.
Q: What is the difference between a Zener diode and a regular diode?
A: While regular diodes are designed to allow current to flow in one direction only, Zener diodes are designed to allow current to flow in both directions when a certain voltage threshold is reached. When the voltage exceeds the threshold, the Zener diode will conduct in reverse bias and regulate the voltage. This property makes Zener diodes ideal for voltage regulation applications.
BZX84 Datasheet PDF Download
BZX84B12LT1G, BZX84B15LT1G, BZX84B16LT1G, BZX84B18LT1G