Part Number: D2131, 2SD2131
Function: 70V, 5A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-220 Type
D2131 is Silicon NPN Triple Diffused Type (Darlington) Transistor.
A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
1. High DC current gain: hFE = 2000 (min) (VCE = 3 V, IC = 3 A)
2. Low saturation voltage: VCE (sat) = 1.5 V (max) (IC = 3 A)
3. Zener diode included between collector and base.
4. Unclamped inductive load energy: E = 150 mJ (min)
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 60 ± 10 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 60 ± 10 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 7 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 2 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. High-Power Switching
2. Hammer Drive, Pulse Motor Drive