Part Number: D78F0523, UPD78F0523
Function: 8-Bit Single-Chip Microcontroller
Package: LQFP 52 Pin Type
Manufacturer: NEC, Renesas
This is 8-Bit Single-Chip Microcontroller. The D78F0523 is based on the 78K0R CPU core, which is an 8-bit Harvard architecture with enhanced instructions and performance optimizations.
An 8-bit single-chip microcontroller refers to a type of microcontroller that has an 8-bit central processing unit (CPU) architecture and integrates various functional components onto a single chip.
1. CPU Architecture: The microcontroller features an 8-bit CPU, which means it can process data in 8-bit chunks. The CPU executes instructions, performs arithmetic and logical operations, and controls the overall operation of the microcontroller.
2. On-Chip Memory: An 8-bit microcontroller typically includes on-chip memory for program storage (flash memory) and data storage (RAM). The specific memory sizes may vary depending on the microcontroller model and manufacturer.
1. On-chip single-power-supply flash memory
2. Self-programming (with boot swap function)
3. On-chip debug function (µPD78F0527D only)Note
4. On-chip power-on-clear (POC) circuit and low-voltage detector (LVI)
5. On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the on-chip internal low-speed oscillation clock)
6. On-chip multiplier/divider (16 bits × 16 bits, 32 bits / 16 bits)
(µPD78F0524, 78F0525, 78F0526, 78F0527, and 78F0527D only)
7. On-chip key interrupt function
8. On-chip clock output controller
8-bit single-chip microcontrollers are widely used in various embedded systems and applications, including consumer electronics, industrial automation, home appliances, automotive systems, and more.
Other data sheets are available within the file:
µPD78F0521, µPD78F0522, µPD78F0523, µPD78F0524, µPD78F0525,
µPD78F0526, µPD78F0527, µPD78F0527D