Part Number: D947, 2SD947
Function: NPN Darlington Transistor
Package: TO-126M Type
This is 40V, 2A, NPN Transistor.
An NPN Darlington transistor is a type of transistor configuration that combines two NPN transistors in a specific arrangement to achieve high current gain. It is named after the Darlington pair, which refers to the two transistors connected together.
The Darlington transistor configuration consists of two NPN transistors connected in a way that the collector of the first transistor (called the input transistor) is connected to the base of the second transistor (called the output transistor). The emitter terminals of both transistors are also connected together.
The primary advantage of using a Darlington configuration is that it provides a very high current gain. The current gain of the overall Darlington transistor is the product of the individual current gains of the two transistors. This high current gain makes the Darlington transistor suitable for applications where a small input current needs to control a larger output current.
1. Darlington connection provides high DC current in (hFE)
2. Built-in resistrance fo approx. 4kΩ between its base and emitter. Exellent temperature stability.
3. The rear surface of this device is also molded, eliminating the need for insulation.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 40 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 40 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 2 A
5. Total Dissipation : Pc = 5 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C