This post explains for the semiconductor K40T1202.
The Full Part Number is IKW40N120T2. The package is TO-247 type
The function of this semiconductor is 1200V, 40A, IGBT.
The manufacturers of this product is Infineon.
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
Preview images :
K40T1202 is 1200V, 40A, IGBT. IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
1. Short circuit withstand time – 10us
2. Designed for :
– Frequency Converters
– Uninterrupted Power Supply
3. TrenchStop 2nd generation for 1200 V applications offers :
– very tight parameter distribution
– high ruggedness, temperature stable behavior
4. Easy paralleling capability due to positive temperature coefficient in VCE(sat)
5. Low EMI
6. Low Gate Charge
7. Very soft, fast recovery anti-parallel Emitter Controlled HEDiode
8. Qualified according to JEDEC1 for target applications
9. Pb-free lead plating; RoHS compliant
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vces = 1200 V
2. Gate to Emitter Voltage: VGes = ± 20 V
3. Collector Current: Ic = 40 A
4. Power Dissipation: Ptot = 480 W
5. Operating Junction Temperature: Tch = -40 to +175 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C