Part Number: K50T60T, IKW50N60T
Function: 50A, 600V, IGBT
Package: TO-247-3 Type
Manufacturer: Infineon Technologies
K50T60T is 50A, 600V, IGBT in Trench and Fieldstop technology. IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
1. Very low VCE(sat) 1.5 V (typ.)
2. Maximum Junction Temperature 175 °C
3. Short circuit withstand time – 5µs
4. Designed for :
(1) Frequency Converters
(2) Uninterrupted Power Supply
5. Trench and Fieldstop technology for 600 V applications offers :
(1) very tight parameter distribution
(2) high ruggedness, temperature stable behavior
(3) very high switching speed
(4) low VCE(sat)
6. Positive temperature coefficient in VCE(sat)
7. Low EMI
8. Low Gate Charge [ … ]