This post describes for the Oscillator.
The Part Number is LTC6990.
The function of this semiconductor is Voltage Controlled Silicon Oscillator.
The package is DFN 8 Pin, TSOT-23 6 Pin Type
The manufacturer of this part is Linear Technology.
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The LTC6990 is a precision silicon oscillator with a programmable frequency range of 488Hz to 2MHz. It can be used as a fixed-frequency or voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO). The LTC6990 is part of the TimerBlox™ family of versatile silicon timing devices. Optionally, a second resistor at the SET input provides linear voltage control of the output frequency and can be used for frequency modulation. A narrow or wide VCO tuning range can be configured by the appropriate selection of the two resistors.
A precision silicon oscillator is an electronic device that generates highly accurate and stable oscillations or periodic signals using a silicon-based integrated circuit (IC) as its core component. It is designed to provide precise and reliable timing signals in various applications.
Oscillators are fundamental components used in electronic systems to generate clock signals, control timing, or provide reference frequencies. They are crucial in ensuring accurate synchronization and timing in devices such as computers, communication systems, data acquisition systems, and precision measurement instruments.
1. Frequency Range: 488Hz to 2MHz
2. 2.25V to 5.5V Single Supply Operation
3. 72µA Supply Current at 100kHz
4. 500µs Start-Up Time
5. VCO Bandwidth >300kHz at 1MHz
6. CMOS Logic Output Sources/Sinks 20mA
1. Low Cost Precision Programmable Oscillator
2. Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
3. High Vibration, High Acceleration Environments
4. Replacement for Fixed Crystal and Ceramic Oscillators
5. Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment