Part Number: MJ15001
Function: 140V, 15A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-3 Type
MJ15001 is 140V, 15A, Silicon NPN Power Transistor. A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
Characteristics of NPN Transistors:
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
1. With TO-3 package
2. Complement to type MJ15002
3. Wide area of safe operation
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 140 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 140 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 15 A
5. Total Power Dissipation: Pd = 200 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. For high power audio,disk head positioners and other linear applications