Part Number: MP3401A
Function: -30V, -3A, P-Channel Enhancement Mode MOSFET
Package: SOT-23 Type
Manufacturer: Major Power
MP3401A is 30V, 3A, P-Channel Enhancement Mode MOSFET. This is a type of field-effect transistor with P-channel conductivity. This means it uses positively charged carriers (holes) to conduct electrical current.
Enhancement-Mode MOSFETs are typically voltage-controlled devices, and they are called “enhancement-mode” because they require a positive voltage applied to the gate terminal to enhance or enable the flow of current between the source and drain terminals.
1. P-Channel Conductivity: In a P-channel MOSFET, the channel between the source and drain is formed within a P-type semiconductor material. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal relative to the source terminal, it creates an electric field that attracts positively charged holes to the surface, allowing current to flow from the source to the drain.
2. Enhancement-Mode Operation: P-channel Enhancement-Mode MOSFETs are normally off devices. This means that when there is no voltage applied to the gate terminal (V_GS = 0V), the transistor is in its off state, and very little current flows between the source and drain. To turn the MOSFET on, a positive voltage (V_GS > 0V) is applied to the gate terminal.
(1) RDS(ON)=46mΩ (typ.) @ VGS=-10V
(2) RDS(ON)=55mΩ (typ.) @ VGS=-4.5V
(3) RDS(ON)=79mΩ (typ.) @ VGS=-2.5V
• Super High Dense Cell Design
• Reliable and Rugged
• Enhance ESD Cell Protection
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available (RoHS Compliant
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = – 30 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 10 V
3. Drain current: ID = – 3
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 0.83 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
• Power Management in LCD TV, Monitor, Notebook Computer, Portable Equipment and Battery