What is 2N5401?
This is a PNP bipolar junction transistor (BJT) designed for general-purpose amplifier and switching applications. It has a maximum collector current rating of 0.6A, a maximum collector-emitter voltage rating of 150V, and a maximum power dissipation rating of 625mW.
Part Number: 2N5401
Function: -150V, -600mA, PNP Silicon Transistor
Package: TO-92 Type
Manufacturer: ISC, NTE, NXP, AuK
This is General Purpose Si-Epitaxial Planar PNP Transistor. he 2N5401 comes in a TO-92 package and has a low noise figure, making it suitable for use in audio amplifier circuits.
• General purpose amplifier
• High voltage application
• High collector breakdown voltage : VCBO= -160V, VCEO= -160V
• Low collector saturation voltage : VCE(sat)=-0.5V(MAX.)
• Complementary pair with 2N5551
• Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
• Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
Advantage Vs disadvantage
1. High voltage and current handling capabilities
2. Low noise and distortion for use in audio amplifier circuits
3. Low power dissipation for efficient operation
4. Availability and cost-effectiveness
1. Limited maximum current rating, which makes it unsuitable for high power applications
2. Relatively low maximum frequency rating, which makes it unsuitable for high-speed applications
3. Limited gain bandwidth product, which limits its use in high-frequency amplification circuits
Other data sheets are available within the file: N5401