This post explains for the IGBT.
The Part Number is IXGN60N60, 60N60.
The function of this semiconductor is 600V, 100A, IGBT.
The package is SOT-227B Type
Manufacturer: IXYS Corporation
Preview images :
60N60 is 600V, Insulated-gate bipolar transistor.
IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
These advantages include high voltage and current handling capability, fast switching speed, low switching losses, and low on-state resistance.
1. International standard package SOT-227B
2. Aluminium nitride isolation – high power dissipation
3. Isolation voltage 3000 V~
4. Very high current, fast switching IGBT
5. Low VCE(sat) for minimum on-state conduction losses
6. MOS Gate turn-on drive simplicity
7. Low collector-to-case capacitance (< 50 pF)
8. Low package inductance (< 5 nH) – easy to drive and to protect
1. Easy to mount with 2 screws
2. Space savings
3. High power density
1. AC motor speed control
2. DC servo and robot drives
3. DC choppers
4. Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
5. Switch-mode and resonant-mode power supplie