Part Number: A1694, 2SA1694
Function: – 120V, – 8A, Silicon PNP Transistor
Package: TO-3P Type
Manufacturer: Sanken electric
A1694 is Silicon PNP Epitaxial Planar Transistor. (Complement to type 2SC4467)
A PNP transistor is one of the semiconductor components used in electrical engineering and electronic circuit design, belonging to the Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) family. The PNP transistor consists of three layers of semiconductor material: P-type, N-type, and P-type, each with different charges. The name PNP transistor stands for “Positive-Negative-Positive,” reflecting the characteristics of these three semiconductor layers.
PNP transistors comprise the following key components:
1. Emitter: The emitter is the first layer and is made of P-type semiconductor material. The emitter serves as the primary source of current.
2. Base: The base is the second layer and is made of N-type semiconductor material. The base controls the current between the emitter and collector.
3. Collector: The collector is the third layer and is made of P-type semiconductor material. The collector collects the current, which flows from the emitter through the base.
PNP transistors control the flow of a large current (collector current) between the emitter and collector using a small current applied to the base (base current). When a base current flows, the PNP transistor permits the flow of electrons from the emitter to the collector, resulting in an increase in collector current. Reducing the base current reduces the collector current. Consequently, PNP transistors are valuable electronic components for controlling large output currents with small input currents.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 120 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 120 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 6 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 8 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 80 W ( Tc=25°C )
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Audio and General Purpose.