This post explains for the transistor 2B1560.
The Part Number is B1560.
The function of this semiconductor is 150V, 10A, PNP Transistor.
The package is TO-3P Type.
Manufacturer: Sanken electric
Preview images :
B1560 is 150V, 10A, Silicon PNP Epitaxial Planar Transistor. (Complement to type 2SD2390)
A PNP transistor is one of the semiconductor components used in electrical engineering and electronic circuit design, belonging to the Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) family. The PNP transistor consists of three layers of semiconductor material: P-type, N-type, and P-type, each with different charges. The name PNP transistor stands for “Positive-Negative-Positive,” reflecting the characteristics of these three semiconductor layers.
PNP transistors comprise the following key components:
1. Emitter: The emitter is the first layer and is made of P-type semiconductor material. The emitter serves as the primary source of current.
2. Base: The base is the second layer and is made of N-type semiconductor material. The base controls the current between the emitter and collector.
3. Collector: The collector is the third layer and is made of P-type semiconductor material. The collector collects the current, which flows from the emitter through the base.
PNP transistors control the flow of a large current (collector current) between the emitter and collector using a small current applied to the base (base current). When a base current flows, the PNP transistor permits the flow of electrons from the emitter to the collector, resulting in an increase in collector current. Reducing the base current reduces the collector current. Consequently, PNP transistors are valuable electronic components for controlling large output currents with small input currents.
PNP transistors find applications in amplifiers, switches, amplitude modulators, power amplifiers, and various circuit designs, playing a crucial role in electronic devices and circuitry.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 160 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 150 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 10 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 100 W ( Tc=25°C )
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Audio, Series Regulator and General Purpose