Part Number: B772P, KSB772
Function: – 30V, – 3A, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-126 Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
B772P is PNP Epitaxial Silicon Transistor. ( KSB772 )
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
1. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
2. Voltage levels: The voltage levels in a PNP transistor are opposite to those in an NPN transistor. In a NPN transistor, the base-emitter junction is forward-biased and the collector-base junction is reverse-biased.
3. Biasing: PNP transistors are biased in the opposite direction to NPN transistors. To turn on a PNP transistor, the base must be more negative than the emitter, and to turn it off, the base must be more positive than the emitter.
• Low Speed Switching
• Complement to KSD882
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 40 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 30 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 3A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Audio Frequency Power Amplifier