Part Number: BD201, BD203
Function: 45V, 8A, Silicon NPN Power Transistor
Package: TO-220C Type
Manufacturer: Inchange Semiconductor
BD201 is 45V, 8A, Silicon NPN Power Transistor. This is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
1. Emitter (N): The heavily doped N-type layer, which is the source of charge carriers (electrons) in the transistor.
2. Base (P): The thin P-type layer, which controls the flow of charge carriers between the emitter and collector.
3. Collector (N): The N-type layer, which collects the charge carriers that pass through the base-emitter junction.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
1. Collector-Emitter Breakdown Voltage :
(1) V(BR)CEO = 45V(Min)- BD201, 60V(Min)- BD203
2. Complement to Type BD202/204
3. Minimum Lot-to-Lot variations for robust device performance and reliable operation
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 60 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 45 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic =8 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 60 W ( Tc=25°C )
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C