What is IRF540N?
This is an N-channel MOSFET with a voltage rating of 100V and a current rating of 33A. It has a low on-resistance of 44mOhm, which allows it to handle high power and reduce power loss.
The IRF540N is commonly used in electronic devices such as audio amplifiers, power supplies, and motor control circuits.
Function: 33A, 100V, 0.040 Ohm, N-Channel, Power MOSFET
Package: TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
Advanced HEXFET Power MOSFET utilize advanced processing techniques to achieve extremely low on-resistance per silicon area. This benefit, combined with the fast switching speed and ruggedized device design that HEXFET power MOSFETs are well known for, provides the designer with an extremely efficient and reliable device for use in a wide variety of applications.
This is an N-channel MOSFET with a voltage rating of 100V and a current rating of 33A.
1. Ultra Low On-Resistance
-rDS(ON)= 0.040Ω, VGS = 10V
2. Simulation Models
– Temperature Compensated PSPICE™ and SABER© Electrical Models
– Spice and SABER© Thermal Impedance Models
3. Peak Current vs Pulse Width Curve
4. UIS Rating Curve
Absolute Maximum Ratings ( Tc = 25°C )
1. Drain to Source Voltage : Vdss = 100 V
2. Drain to Gate Voltage (R GS = 20kΩ) : Vdgr = 100 V
3. Gate to Source Voltage : Vgs = ±20 V
4. Drain Current (Tc=25’C, Vgs=10V): Id = 33A
Q1: Can the IRF540N be used for motor control applications?
A1: Yes, It is suitable for use in motor control circuits. Its high current rating and low on-resistance make it well-suited for such applications.