What is MJE13003?
This is an NPN bipolar junction transistor designed for high-voltage, high-speed power switching applications. It has a maximum collector-emitter voltage rating of 400V and a maximum collector current rating of 1.5A.
Part Number: MJE13003
Function: 400V, 1.5A, Power Transistor
Package: TO-220, TO-251, TO-126, TO-252
Manufacturer: Unisonic Technologies
Image and Pinouts:
This is 400V, 1.5A, NPN Silicon Power Transistor. These devices are designed for high-voltage, high-speed power switching inductive circuits where fall time is critical. They are particularly suited for 115 and 220V applications in switch mode.
1. Reverse biased SOA with inductive load @ TC=100°C
2. Inductive switching matrix 0.5 ~ 1.5 Amp, 25 and 100°C Typical tC = 290ns @ 1A, 100°C.
3. 700V blocking capability
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
It is high voltage and current ratings, which make it suitable for use in high-power applications. It also has a fast switching speed, which allows for efficient power conversion.
This is its relatively low collector current rating compared to other power transistors on the market. This may limit its use in some high-power applications.
Additionally, it may require additional circuitry, such as a flyback diode, to protect against voltage spikes during switching.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 700 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 400 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 9 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 1.5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1.4 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Switching regulator’s, inverters
2. Motor controls
3. Solenoid/relay drivers
4. Deflection circuits
Other data sheets are available within the file: 13003BR, 13003G, 13003L, MJE13003-TO-126