What is MRF175GV?
It is electronic component, which is a high-power N-channel RF MOSFET transistor.
It is commonly used in radio frequency (RF) power amplifiers and other RF circuits that require high power handling capabilities.
The MRF175GV transistor is Maximum voltage rating of 65 volts and a maximum current rating of 26 amperes. The high power, high gain and broadband performance of these devices makes possible solid state transmitters for FM broadcast or TV channel frequency bands.
Part Number: MRF175GV
Function: N-CHANNEL BROADBAND RF POWER MOSFET
Package: CASE 375–04, STYLE 2
Manufacturer: Motorola ( Freescale )
Image and Pinouts:
Designed for broadband commercial and military applications using push pull circuitsat frequencies to 500 MHz. The high power, high gain and broadband performanceof these devices makes possible solid state transmitters for FM broadcast or TV channel frequency bands.
The MRF175GV transistor is designed for high-power RF applications, with a frequency range of 1.8 to 250 MHz. It has a high gain and high efficiency, making it suitable for use in power amplifiers for applications such as broadcast transmitters, communication systems, and radar systems.
1. Guaranteed Performance
(1) MRF175GV @ 28 V, 225 MHz (“V” Suffix)
– Output Power — 200 Watts
– Power Gain — 14 dB Typ
– Efficiency — 65% Typ
(2) MRF175GU @ 28 V, 400 MHz (“U” Suffix)
– Output Power — 150 Watts
– Power Gain — 12 dB Typ
– Efficiency — 55% Typ
2. 100% Ruggedness Tested At Rated Output Power
3. Low Thermal Resistance
1. Drain–Source Voltage : Vdss = 65 Vdc
2. Gate–Source Voltage : Vgs = +- 40 Vdc
3. Drain Current-Continuous : Id = 26 Adc
4. Total Device Dissipation: Pd = 400 Watts
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. High Power Handling Capability: High-power RF applications with a maximum current rating of 65 amperes, making it suitable for high-power amplification.
2. High Gain and Efficiency: High gain and efficiency, making it an ideal choice for use in RF power amplifiers.
3. Broad Frequency Range: Frequency range of 1.8 to 250 MHz, making it versatile and suitable for a wide range of RF applications.
1. Higher Cost: Generally more expensive than other RF MOSFET transistors with similar specifications, which can make it less cost-effective for some applications.
2. Sensitive to Static Electricity: Sensitive to static electricity, and improper handling can damage the device.
3. Limited Voltage Rating: Maximum voltage rating of 65 volts, which limits its use in high-voltage applications.
Other data sheets are available within the file: MRF175GU, MRF175LU, MRF175LV