Part Number: MSM80C154S, MSM83C154S
Function: CMOS 8-bit Microcontroller
Package: DIP 40, QFP 44 Pin Type
Manufacturer: OKI electronic componets
A CMOS 8-bit microcontroller is a type of microcontroller (MCU) built using complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) technology and capable of processing data in 8-bit chunks. Microcontrollers are integrated circuits that contain a central processing unit (CPU), memory, input/output (I/O) ports, timers, and various peripherals, all on a single chip. The “8-bit” designation refers to the width of the data bus, indicating that the microcontroller processes data in 8-bit units.
The MSM80C154S, MSM83C154S, designed for the high speed version of the existing MSM80C154, MSM83C154, is a higher performance 8-bit microcontroller providing low-power consumption.
1. CMOS Technology: CMOS is a low-power semiconductor fabrication technology commonly used in microcontrollers. CMOS-based microcontrollers offer advantages like low power consumption, high noise immunity, and compatibility with various supply voltages.
2. 8-Bit CPU Core: The central processing unit (CPU) of the microcontroller is an 8-bit core, meaning it can process data in 8-bit chunks or bytes. This type of microcontroller is suitable for applications that don’t require extensive computational power but need to interface with sensors, peripherals, and control functions.
1. Fully static circuit
2. Upward compatible with the MSM80C51F/80C31F
3. On-chip program memory : 16K words x 8 bits ROM (MSM83C154S only)
4. On-chip data memory : 256 words x 8 bits RAM
5. External program memory address space : 64K bytes ROM (Max)
6. External data memory address space : 64K bytes RAM
7. I/O ports : 4 ports x 8 bits (Port 1, 2, 3, impedance programmable) : 32
8. 16-bit timer/counters : 3