What is SL100?
This is a small-signal NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) designed for general-purpose amplification and switching applications
Part Number: SL100
Function: 50V, 0.5A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-39 Type
Manufacturer: Teamalia Lakhi
Image and Pinouts:
This is 50V, 0.5A, NPN General Purpose Medium Power Transistor.
The SL100 transistor is a general purpose, medium power NPN transistor. Being a general purpose transistor makes the SL100 transistor open to a wide spectrum of electronic applications. Major applications range from general switching, manufacture of logic gates, amplification and sound reproduction, radio transmission and signal processing. However, it’s generally used as a switch in common emitter configuration.
Advantage Vs Disadvantage
1. Low cost, making it an attractive option for simple circuits and projects that require a low-cost transistor.
2. Limited maximum voltage and current ratings, which may limit its use in high-power applications. It also has a relatively low gain compared to other transistors, which may limit its amplification capabilities in some applications.
Maximum Ratings :
1. Collector-Emitter Voltage : BV ceo = 50 V
2. Collector-Base Voltage : BV cbo = 60 V
3. Emitter-Base Voltage : BV ebo = 5.0 V
4. Total Power Dissipation @ Ta=25’C : Pd = 800 mW
Automatic street light circuit, automatic emergency lights, beeper circuit, gas sensor alarm circuit, automatic voltage stabilizer, solar charger are also some applications.