What is 2N4401?
It is a commonly used NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) in electronic circuits. It is designed for general-purpose switching and amplification applications with a maximum collector current of 0.6A and a maximum collector-emitter voltage of 40V. The transistor is housed in a small plastic TO-92 package and is easily identifiable by its part number and marking. It has three terminals: the emitter (E), the base (B), and the collector (C).
The 2N4401 is widely used in a variety of electronic applications, including signal amplification, voltage regulation, and digital logic circuits.
Function: 40V, 600mA, General Purpose NPN Transistor
Package: TO-92 Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
The NPN Bipolar Transistor is designed for use in linear and switching applications. The device is housed in the TO-92 package, which is designed for medium power applications. It is commonly used in electronic circuits for signal amplification, switching, and voltage regulation.
1. NPN bipolar junction transistor
2. Maximum collector current of 600 mA
3. Maximum collector-emitter voltage of 40V
4. Small plastic TO-92 package
5. Low noise and high frequency response
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. Widely available and low cost
2. High input impedance
3. Fast switching speed
4. Can be used in a variety of applications
5. Suitable for low-power circuits
1. Limited voltage and current handling capabilities
2. Not suitable for high-power applications
3. Limited maximum frequency range
Absolute Maximum Ratings
1. Collector-Emitter Voltage : VCEO = 40 Vdc
2. Collector-Base Voltage : VCBO = 60 Vdc
3. Emitter-Base Voltage : VEBO = 6.0 Vdc
4. Collector Current-Continuous : IC = 600 mAdc
5. Total Device Dissipation: Pd = 625 mW
6. Pb−Free Packages are Available
Official Homepage: https://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/product.do?id=2N4401
2N4401 Datasheet PDF
Other data sheets are available within the file:
2N4401G, 2N4401RLRA, 2N4401RLRAG, 2N4401RLRM