This is one of the transistor types.
Part Number: A1013, 2SA1013
Function: -160V, -1A, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-92 Type
Manufacturer: Toshiba Semiconductor
The A1013 is -160V, -1A, Silicon PNP Epitaxial Type Transistor.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
1. Structure: A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin N-type layer (base) sandwiched between two P-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
1. High voltage: VCEO= -160 V
2. Large continuous collector current capability
3. Recommended for vertical deflection output & sound output applications for line-operated TV.
4. Complementary to 2SC2383.
Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Collector-base voltage : VCBO = -160 V
2. Collector-emitter voltage : VCEO = -160 V
3. Emitter-base voltage : VEBO = -6 V
4. Collector current : IC = -1 A
5. Base current : IB = -0.5 A
6. Collector power dissipation : PC = 900 mW
7. Junction temperature : Tj = 150 °C
1. Color TV Verttical Deflection Output
2. Power Switching