What is B772P?
This is a PNP bipolar junction transistor (BJT) designed for high-speed switching applications.
Part Number: B772P, 2SB772
Function: -30V, -3A, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-126 Type
The B772P is PNP silicon transistor suited for the output stage of 3 W audio amplifier, voltage regulator, DC-DC converter and relay driver.
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. High voltage and current capacity
2. Low saturation voltage for efficient switching
3. Complementary NPN transistor available for use in push-pull circuits
1. Relatively low DC current gain compared to other transistors
2. May not be suitable for low power applications due to its high power dissipation rating
• Low saturation voltage VCE(sat) ≤ −0.5 V (IC = −2 A, IB = −0.2 A)
• Excellent hFE linearity and high hFE hFE = 60 to 400 (VCE = −2 V, IC = −1 A)
• Less cramping space required due to small and thin package and reducing the trouble for attachment to a radiator.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 40 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 30 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 3A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C