Part Number: WT7520
Function: PC Power Supply PWM Supervisor
Package: DIP 16 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Weltrend Semiconductor
The WT7520 is a pulse–width modulation (PWM) control circuit with complete protection circuits for used in the SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply). It contains various functions, which are Over Voltage
Protection, Under Voltage Protection, Power Good Output (PGO), Remote On/Off control and etc. It can
minimize external components of switching power supply systems in personal computer.
Over Voltage Protection (OVP) monitors 3.3V, 5V, 12V and PT input voltage level. Under Voltage
Protection (UVP) monitors 3.3V, 5V and 12V input voltage level. Power Good Output monitors the voltage level of power supply.
1. Voltage Monitoring: These ICs monitor the output voltages of the power supply, such as +12V, +5V, +3.3V, and others. They compare the monitored voltages with predefined thresholds and provide feedback to the control circuitry for voltage regulation.
2. Overvoltage and Undervoltage Protection: The PWM supervisor IC incorporates protection circuitry to detect overvoltage and undervoltage conditions. When these conditions occur, the IC triggers appropriate actions, such as shutting down the power supply or activating protective measures to prevent damage to the system.
3. Overcurrent Protection: These ICs monitor the current flowing through the power supply’s output circuits. If the current exceeds a predefined limit, the PWM supervisor IC can initiate protective measures, such as reducing the duty cycle of the PWM signal or shutting down the power supply.
1. Complete PWM Control and Protection Circuitry
2. Over Voltage Protection for 3.3V / 5V / 12V / PT
3. Under Voltage Protection for 3.3V / 5V / 12V
4. 280ms PG Time Delay
5. Power Good Output is Open Drain Output
6. PWM Control Output are Open Drain Output
7. 280 mS Time Delay for UVP
8. Remote ON/OFF function De–bounce Time
9. Soft-Start function built-in
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
1. Supply voltage : VCC 5.5 V
2. Drain output voltage : Vcc1, Vcc2 5.5 V
3. Drain output current : Icc1, Icc2 200 mA
4. Power dissipation : Pd 200 mW
5. Operating temperature : Topr -10 ~ +70 ℃
6. Storage temperature: Tstg -65 ~ +150 ℃
Other data sheets are available within the file: WT7905, WT-7520