Part Number: C640
Function: 30V, 0.1A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-92 Type
C640 is 30V, 100mA, NPN Silicon Epitaxial Planar Transistor.
A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
The transistor is subdivided into five groups R, O, Y, P and L, according to its DC current gain. As
complementary type the PNP transistor 2SA733 is recommended.
On special request, these transistors can be manufactured in different pin configurations […]
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 40 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 30 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 100 mA
5. Power Dissipation : Ptot = 150 mW
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
1. Switching and AF amplifier