Part Number: 1N4007
Function: 1.0 Standard Diode ( Recovery Rectifier )
Package: DO-41 Type
Manufacturer: Won-Top Electronics
Image and Pinouts:
This is 1000V, 1.0A, Standard Rectifier. Its high surge current capability, low forward voltage drop, and ease of use make it a popular choice for low voltage and low current power supply applications. However, its low maximum current rating, slow switching speed, high reverse recovery time, and limited voltage rating may limit its use in some applications.
1. Diffused Junction
2. Low Forward Voltage Drop
3. High Current Capability
4. High Reliability
5. High Surge Current Capability
1. Case: DO-41, Molded Plastic
2. Terminals: Plated Leads Solderable per MIL-STD-202, Method 208
3. Polarity: Cathode Band
4. Weight: 0.35 grams (approx.)
5. Mounting Position: Any
6. Marking: Type Number
Learn the Advantages and Disadvantages of the 1N4007
1. High surge current capability: The 1N4007 diode can handle peak forward surge currents of up to 30A, making it suitable for applications where there are sudden current spikes.
2. Low forward voltage drop: The maximum forward voltage drop of the 1N4007 is 1.1V at 1A, which is relatively low for a rectifier diode. This reduces power dissipation and improves efficiency in power supply applications.
3. Easy to use: The 1N4007 diode is a standard, general-purpose diode that is easy to find and use in a variety of applications. It is also available in a common through-hole package that is easy to mount on printed circuit boards.
4. Low cost: The 1N4007 diode is a low-cost component, making it an economical choice for low voltage and low current power supply applications.
1. Low maximum current rating: The average forward rectified current rating of the 1N4007 diode is 1A, which may not be sufficient for high current applications.
2. Relatively slow switching speed: The 1N4007 diode has a relatively slow switching speed compared to other diodes, making it unsuitable for high-speed switching applications.
3. High reverse recovery time: The 1N4007 diode has a relatively high reverse recovery time, which may limit its use in some applications.
4. Limited voltage rating: While the 1N4007 diode has a high repetitive reverse voltage rating of 1000V, this may not be sufficient for some high voltage applications.
Other data sheets are available within the file: 1N4001, 1N4002, 1N4003, 1N4004, 1N4005, 1N4006